FurIsDead.com
My Mind: Ok, so while I may be exhausted and somewhat delirious….

16 May 2008

Ok, so while I may be exhausted and somewhat delirious….

I might as well do some recapping since

  1. I can't sleep
  2. I don't have to work tomorrow
  3. I feel like writing

One of the majour events of the past year and a half was a roller coaster of a relationship. Now, I won't be providing names, but some of you know to whom I am referring. We met on December 16th, 2006, just before I started my new job. We hit it off right away after meeting in a bar I used to frequent. Yes, I know, I have always preached about the whole thing of meeting someone in a bar…

So, anyway, things seemed good at first until I started to learn a bit more about him. He stated up front that he like to use recreational substances, but that he was a social user. I accepted that, because as most of you know, I do not, on principal, have a problem with responsible use. Unfortunately, this was not exactly the case. As time went on, his use became more frequent and heavy, eventually leading to lost jobs, being put out of his house, alienation, etc. I tried to be supportive through his two trips through rehab, but eventually the strain and constant drama took its toll. Even now, the pattern repeats itself, and I find it difficult to even try to just be a friend. Currently he is out on a binge, and no one has seen him or been able to contact him. He isn't answering the phone, returning calls, and hasn't been home since Tuesday morning. His mother called me this evening asking if I had heard from him. I truly hope he is ok, but like I told her, he is 33 years old and has to be responsible for his own life. When he is ready to go back to her house, he will contact her. It sounds so heartless, but really, you can't change people or stop them from doing what they are determined to do.

Time for sleep now….


Randy


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All contained content copyright HoD Productions, 2003 - 2009. For permissions information, please contact webmaster@houseofdrama.net.