FurIsDead.com
My Mind: I's done seen it all.....

12 January 2006

I's done seen it all.....

There is actually a group called The National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance.

Now perhaps it is me, but why is fat acceptable? It is a health condition that can lead to cardiovascular problems, strokes, diabetes, etc. Now I am not saying you have to be cruel to the overweight amongst us, but you should hardly be promoting a fat lifestyle! If anything, they should be assisting overweight people to overcome their obesity.

Marilyn Wann, board member of the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance, said fat people are the target of a witch hunt in a fitness-obsessed nation.

"Everyone thinks it's OK to make fun of fatties," said Wann, who won't use the word "overweight" because she says it's judgmental.

This is an example of just how out of control Political Correctness has gone. The word overweight is NOT judgemental, it is an accurate description of the situation. If you are above your healthy weight, you are by definition OVERWEIGHT!!! We need to stop coddling people, and start helping them! There is no implicit right to not be offended, and modifying the wording used to describe something does not negate what it actually is.

Two thirds of Americans are now considered overweight. It is time to start actively promoting healthier lifestyles, and stop simply saying "Big is beautiful" and moving on. People's health, and very lives are at stake!

(Please note: I myself was overweight several years ago, after having a few surgeries that left me temporarily unable to be as physically active as I normally would be. I in no way expected people to accept my condition, because I didn't accept it as a tolerable situation. I am glad to say that once able, I took off those extra 50 pounds, not through deprivation or starvation, but by actively resuming my healthy level of activity, and maintaining a healthy diet.)

Comments:
Ok, rub it in that you are thin and fabulous and I am fat (Running to the fridge to eat cake)!!!!LOL
 
You are not fat Cuddles!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All contained content copyright HoD Productions, 2003 - 2009. For permissions information, please contact webmaster@houseofdrama.net.